Friday, November 30, 2012

TELEKOM MALAYSIA BERHAD STUNNED MCA SELANGOR PUBLIC SERVICES & COMPLAINT DEPARTMENT


MCA Selangor Public Services & Complaint Department was stunned by Telekom Malaysia Berhad hired 4 debt collectors and 2 lawyer suits claiming that Yong Cho Kong (age 68) owe Telekom Malaysia Berhad a total of RM 5,289.44. In the period of 8 months, the amount which needs to pay is over RM5000. 


from left, Kelvin Chong (Deputy Head I of MCA Selangor Public Services & Complaint Department), Yong Cho Kong, Dato’ Theng Book (Head of MCA Selangor Public Services & Complaint Department), Dato CK Lim, Allan Liew(Deputy Head I of MCA Selangor Public Services & Complaint Department).

“I had never lost my Identification card and I do not even know where is Tawas Baru, Ipoh (the place where the fixed line was applied), and I was shocked when Telekom Malaysia Berhad send a letter to me informing that I owe them that amount of money. I felt very distress when I keep on receiving calls and letters asking me to clear the debt and they even want to charge me in the court if I am unable to pay them” Yong claimed. “I had made a police report in March 07, 2008 and gave it to Telekom Malaysia Berhad. I thought that everything was settled until I receive a lot of calls from few debt collectors. The latest I received those calls was during October. ” he added.

“This is not the first time we receive such complaints. Moreover what is the point of hiring until 6 companies to collect debt from Yong” Dato’ Theng Book (Head of MCA Selangor Public Services & Complaint Department) said. “Why Telekom Malaysia Berhad wait until such an high amount then only send letter to Yong?” Dato’ Theng questioned.  He will discuss with Telekom Malaysia Berhad regarding this matter.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts